Monday, April 23, 2007

 



And it was written on the sweet soles of the Buddha's sacred feet...

Much like Buddha, I seek enlightenment. I continue to explore my fascination, our fascination, with feet and its extremes from the sacred to the profane. I really like the profane but I also easily gravitate to the sacred. As I continue to say, there is something utterly explosive going on as we casually lounge around in our flip flops. I've been told by a number of my older friends that they agree, that the sexual tension in the air is far more palpable than when they were young. From my vantage point, it truly is part of a mating dance that I am more than willing to be a part of. In my neighborhood, each day, more and more people are returning to their trusty flip flops. Anyway, don't mind me, I'm just writing for the sake of writing at the moment, testing out the waters, seeing if anyone is paying attention, if people are ready for more of me. As Spring takes hold in moody Seattle, my libido is kicking into high gear. I find myself pacing around in my flip flops, trying to still tune in to the sensory pleasure after having enjoyed it for so long. I fear becoming jaded perhaps more than hopelessly addicted. During the day, I kick them off and find myself rubbing my feet together furisously and then having to take it further and apply a hand directly to a foot for an added high. As I keep saying, I know I'm not alone and, thankfully, you out there, do respond from time to time, even a fellow female with tentatively acknowledge all that I'm saying. Anyhow, I recently saw an incredibly inspiring movie, had nothing to do with sex or feet or flip flops, and now I'm reading the novel. I want to post about that sometime soon. There's quite a lot of things I want to do. I want to save the world. I want to save myself! And, as long as I'm at least amused by all this, I think we're doing alright.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
hey, thanks for commenting my Blog!!
 
cool. thanks for visiting too!
 
hey flip flop Girl! nice BLOG
 
Hey Ahmed,
I love this quote on your blog from the National Lampoon: "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch." Cool blogs. I have a friend who visited Morocco a few years ago and he loved it. I am hearing things are not too safe over there right now. I just wish and pray we could all live in harmony. My heart goes out to you and all of us just trying to do something worthwhile in this life.
Peace,
Rachel
 
Any girl who likes The Smiths and Joy Division deserves an hello from me...cool blog!
 
I don't think I'm up on Amy Winehouse. I'll have to check that one out. Yes, I think your blog is pretty cool too. I enjoy spleeping in when I feel I deserve it.
 
hi flip flop Girl. I came across your blog site from another message board and your comments on Rachel Ray's situation with her husband. It was awesome to find a girl from Seattle who is really into wearing flip flops and showing off her feet. I adore women's feet and have a foot fetish myself. I am a 30 year old from near Seattle also and I love everything about women's feet, shoe fashion, pedicures, and especially toe rings. If you ever want to chat about anything, email me at chris_ftlvr@yahoo.com.
p.s. luv your profile pic, cute pink flip flops.
 
Hey Chris,
Thanks for your very positive response. We're definitely on the same page, definitely. I went ahead and published your cool post since we may end up meeting other girls out there who are free and positive about foot-related stuff. I do have a boyfreind but, sure, I'm up for chatting off the blog sometime. Anyway, I keep finding this topic ultra-fascinating. Just when I feel that maybe I've said enough, I realize there's so much more to say and I don't always have the spare time to say it: more indepth talk about how sexy and wonderful feet are and my whole rambling discussion on pop culture and the crazy world we live in.

I love feet and I want everyone to come around to loving their feet, admit it if they're shy, and just feel free to talk more about it and stuff like that!

Lots of love,
Rachel
 
oops, typo, I meant YOU could meet other girls into feet. I'm not trying to meet anyone!
 
Hi Rachel,
I just came across your blog, and I was interested in this post. You seem like a neat person. I think it is very natural for people to enjoy their feet. I like to see people go barefoot. Here is a challenge for you: Go barefoot in public a few places, and then post about it. Tell what kind of reactions you got. It would make for something interesting to read. :)
 
Hi Ryan and Amy,
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, maybe I'll do that. I've just been so busy lately! I have not abandoned my blog. I've just put it on hold for awhile, which I guess is part of the beauty of blogs--you can always come back to them fresh. Of course, I've walked around barefoot. It really feels nice. I think one of the places you'll see the most barefoot walkers is on a college campus, especially one with nice smooth trails, where you can easily slip off your sandals and carry them or throw them in your backpack.
Peace and Love,
Rachel
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?