Friday, February 16, 2007

 


Flip Flop Girl Warming up to Anna Nicole Smith

I hope everyone is enjoying my current Anna Nicole jag. She really does fit right in with my musings on how we consume sex. I find myself warming up to her too. I can't say that there's any spin doctor who can possibly turn Anna Nicole into Marilyn Monroe, who she identified with, but I do believe now that, under the right circumstances, Anna Nicole comes off looking like a star as in her exquisite cover photo in the above Playboy. She cant' be elevated to the status of Marilyn Monroe for a number of reasons which should be obvious. But, at the same time, I do see her as an undisputed sex symbol. She was a "supermodel" in her own right replacing Claudia Schiffer as the model for Guess Jeans. And she was Playmate of the Year, 1993. These are not meager accomplishments.

No doubt, the spotlight became extremely harsh for poor Anna Nicole.

If Anna Nicole had fallen in with the right people, perhaps she could have attained more. I think of Dorothy Stratten, a very beautiful girl, another Playboy Playmate of the Year (1980), who became the lover of famed director Peter Bogdanovich and appears in his film, They All Laughed, 1981. Nothing more was asked of Dorothy but that she just be herself in all her radiant beauty. She gets to charm the camera with her presence. And when she is the victim of a tragic death, it is Bogdanovich who tells her story. There was no Peter Bogdanovich in Anna Nicole's life.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
There are some interesting comments taking place on TMZ.


http://www.tmz.com/2007/02/15/anna-doc-ducks-cameras/3#comments

The Following Name address history was provided on the Dr.

http://www.stealthinsight.com/public_records_searches/report_access.php?id=12008x11360
 
Thank you so much for your comments!! I really appreciate them and I hope justice is done!! TMZ rocks!!
 
2 links you maight like for flip flop material:
http://www.slate.com/id/2123214/

http://www.flipfloptrunkshow.com/
 
Footprints, you wish that I would get back to the subject at hand? Just kidding. I love your linking back to the lacrosse story as told by Slate. I love Amanda Fortini's writing. She is spot on about the attraction: for many, it's just ease and comfort they will admit to but, for us connoisseurs, it's a certain visceral satisfaction: the word, "flip flop" itself, the way they sound, even the way they smell.
 
yeah instead of someone like bogdonovich she gets someone more like elvis presley's "Colonel..."
 
Yep! Mmmmm.... Flip flops
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?