Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 


The Flip Flop Girl's Story 4
I Do Miss Simon

Aside from all the foot fetish themes, which is definitely a huge part of this blog, Simon and I did have a very full and satisfying relationship. I am the sort of person who just likes to go with the flow. And I'm not the sort of girl who believes you have to make plans way ahead of time and include a husband, a white picket fence, a dog, and a couple of kids. Things happen and sometimes things don't happen. I do believe you need to be in tune with yourself which has helped me with my career choices and, as regards this blog, has helped me find my groove. I embrace experiences. I don't dismiss too much. I try to find the good in what's offered to me. And so I come back to Simon, who did prove to bring a lot of good into my life.

A typical day for us would include time to just ramble on about our lives with each other. We loved coffee shops and just simple chats, not necessarily in-depth conversations although we did have plenty of those. Just sitting together with our java and hanging out or reading together was totally fun. I think I've always had a book or two I've been reading, sometimes off and on, and sometimes at a more dedicated pace. So, it was very nice to hang out with a fellow bookworm. Usually, I tended more towards good fiction, like Jonathan Safran Foer, and he seemed to have a morbid fascination with trends and liked books like, The Tipping Point. He said he always "got a kick in the pants" as to how the marketers, pundits, the whole media, kept us on our toes wanting to buy this or that unnecessary thing. And he always wanted to hear my thoughts on a good read and we actually ended up sharing books quite a lot. It was nice how we were able to share such a solitary activity as reading. That's probably why we made such good running partners too.

I'm not putting Simon up on a pedestal. He had his faults and there are good reasons we are not together anymore. I don't know that I'd want to get back together but, I suppose, that option is out there, at least for awhile. I was the one, afterall, who decided to break up. That, of course, doesn't mean I am control of anything. He could be out right now with somebody new, although I doubt he'd do that simply because he's so methodical and, well, sentimental. I'm not taking advantage of him either. I'd have to go into more detail as to what led to our break up. At the moment, I just want to think about the good things about him. He was thoughtful and he liked to share his life and his interests with me. That was a lot right there. He never put me down, like some guys I can mention. He never was into controlling other people. And he was probably, next to my father, the man with the least ego I have ever known. In a lot of ways, a great guy. In a lot of ways, the right guy or, at least, the sort of guy I should go for. I go for a lot of different guys. I don't know if that's right or wrong for me. It seems to work, for now. In a lot of ways, I can't complain. But I do miss Simon.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
I love your blog!

I love you!

I will get a link to you soon.
 
Feetman78, that is soooo cool! Thank you! I love you too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?