Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

A Few Notes on a Wonderful Day

Hello, everyone. I'm over at Thad's right now. I'm upstairs in his little attic/study area. I just wanted to make a few notes regarding a very pleasant day I spent with him. He was very sweet and we seem to be floating along on a cloud at the moment. It was such a sunny day today. A slight nip in the air but not too bad at all. So nice that I opted for flip flops. This time I went with a chunky pair of Tevas, very spongy but firm too. We are such foot freaks that we find it exceptionally stimulating to do something so potentially mundane as to go to a nail salon together. For me, I find any type of pampering fascinating. Perhaps you agree.

I don't always go to the same place: it can vary from a high end spa to a little hole in the wall, just as long as it's tidy and has class. We were hanging out in Wallingford so I decided to pay a visit to a little shop I hadn't been to in awhile run by a sweet Korean family. I got waited on by Mary, a very sweet girl. She said she missed me. She remembered my feet. She said they are long and elegant. Who am I to pass up a compliment. As my feet soaked, I asked her how my feet were really any different from anyone else. Maybe I was fishing for another compliment. "Rachel, everyone has feet that are unique. All feet have their own personality," she said. "Yes, I would definitely agree," I replied. "I look at the face, the hands, and the feet when I meet someone. You radiate beauty and goodwill from all three places," she answered. I really wasn't expecting that but I was so happy to hear it. "Thank you, Mary, that is really nice to know," I said. For the rest of the day, I knew I would feel no pain. When it came to decide on the color for my polish, I wanted something transcendent but couldn't decide. "I say go deep with a Royal Blue," said Mary. And so I did.

I couldn't believe how beautiful the polish looked. And how energized I was. Thad took one look and was beside himself. "Rachel, this is a beautiful sight to behold. Your toes look incredibly perfect right now. The polish is exquisite, the perfect color in so many ways, this time of year, the mood, this moment. It does more than just turn me on, I think. It's like I just want to gaze in awe." Wow. Talk about transcendent! Everything felt so right at that very moment. Perfect. And it only got better.

We decided to take a stroll around Green Lake. It's usually a bit on the crowded side since it seems everyone feels like taking a little stroll around Green Lake but it wasn't too bad. I was striding around in my comfy flip flops showing off my perfect pedicure with my hot boyfriend by my side. What could be better? Well, it got better as we decided to take a rest at a park bench. We nuzzled close together and stared at each other until we laughed and got in close to kiss each other and then admire each other and then kiss again. "Rub my feet gently, would you honey?" "Bring them over," he said. I moved back a bit and plopped my feet on his lap, my flip flops flying in the air. He gently rubbed the soles. I looked at his hands gently kneading my skin. I didn't have to say anything else. He didn't stick my feet in his mouth or do anything nasty. I wouldn't have minded but it was nice that we could just chill. It was really nice! Transcendent!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?