Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 


Britney Spears and Flip Flops and Fresh Starts

Hello, world, it's the Flip Flop Girl sharing more of her world with you.

I will end up talking about flips flops, a fresh start to my blog, and even fit Britney Spears into the mix.

So, you'll have to tell me if you think this makes sense. I think the more risque and outspoken I've been, the more I attract boys than girls. Maybe the darker I've gotten, I've brought out the boys. And, when I've been lighter, I bring out the girls. My intention wasn't necessarily to titilate at the expense of everything else. I leave everything open. There are times I will end up exciting the reader but, for the most part, I welcome a communal spirit. I want to share my inner thoughts and feel that they are really getting out there. So far, I'd say the boys have been pretty good. I sense some lust from some of you, but I can't say that's bad. Is there too much a sense of propriety from the girls? I haven't heard from some of you in a long while. I don't want to be labeled anything. I do want to continue to speak my mind. And I do want to be taken seriously. I'm still new at this but I think I'm getting the knack of it and developing a unique view and style.

So, I want to keep mixing things up and keep picking away at the pop culture and the whole way we live our lives that brings us to a point, for instance, where we can accept so easily Britney Spears showing off her vagina in public. That, to me, is connected to my explorations. I am examining the fascination we have with flip flops and with feet, all tied up with our narcissistic/hedonistic/capitalistic selves. I want to think that many things sexual, as long as they're between consenting adults are good to bring out into the open among adults. I think a lot of things have been bubbling just below the surface. I'd go so far as to say that this latest Britney Spears incident is significant. It shows how far we've come in our desire to cross the naughty line. I just can't help but think of Marilyn Monroe in "The Seven Year Itch" and the incredibly famous iconic scene of her skirt being lifted up by the steam grating below. The public went crazy over that. We couldn't get enough of Marilyn Monroe and just to imply we might catch a glimpse of something more was enough to satisfy us. Now, we get the current goddess to the masses revealing everything and we still want more, more, more.

Comments:
Speaking personally, i find the snapshots of your mental life and your musings on culture most interesting, esp. challenges to the status quo.
 
Yeah, T, I'm trying to make a little sense of it all and still have fun along the way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?