Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 
Flip Flop Girl's Ten Best Lists: First Attempt at Film

Feet, Foot Fetishes, Flip Flops, Film. It all makes sense in the end, doesn't it? OK, your favorite Flip Flop Girl is working hard to put together a series of lists. We're going to tackle film at the moment. I'm going to keep this simple and at a rough draft, no pressure stage. I want to be able to at least name ten films right now that include some form of foot love, be it daring or subtle:

1. The Last Emperor Remember this one? I'll have to go back and date all this properly. 1985?
Steven Spielberg. One truly amazing toe-sucking scene, very decadent, between two women.
2. The Coca-Cola Kid Greta Scacci sucks on the big toe of Eric Roberts. This, btw, is probably Eric's shining moment. What happened to him?
3. From Dusk til Dawn Very blatant, very hipster scene: Tarantino sucks on Salma's toes while she's on stage in the middle of a hot performance!
4. Kill Bill The first Kill Bill, I think. Uma's toes!
5. In the Cut 2003 Michael Nuccio sucks on Meg Ryan's toes! Meg, who knew?!
6. Oh God, I'm drawing a blank. There's a couple of comedies.
7. That other comedy
8. Foreign Film goes here
9. Probably another foreign film goes here
10. Sid & Nancy Sorry guys, that's the best I can do at the moment. But I've been wanting to post something, anything to get the ball rolling!!

Don't even ask me to start on my top ten books lists! Although, I will tell you that a very interesting reference sticks in my mind in Stendahl's The Red and The Black.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
with ref: to Lolita, found this little trailer link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119558/trailers-screenplay-E13798-10-2
 
Thank you! Yes, that is a lovely trailer. I'd forgotten about "Lolita." Coming back again and again to her feet is beautiful. I think that it is a girl's feet that are her first fully blossomed sexual extensions of herself.
Am I going too far out on a limb on that one? I think that is part of the amazing appeal of flip flops. Perhaps it's possible to just enjoy the comfort of a flip flop but I think the sensuality behind it is hard to ignore. So, I think feet fit perfectly within the themes of Lolita, sexual awakening, decadent and sinister desires.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?