Friday, December 08, 2006

 


Flip Flop Girl's Lifestyle: Of Pastels, Mix and Match, Fashion

So, I will end out this week with another look at nail polish. Okay, so we were talking a bit about pastels. Love them. They do have their place on my toes. A good time to get those pastels out, I think, is when you're in the mood for a summer dress, something very soft and gentle. It might be nice to mix and match colors and tones. Say, put a peach polish on your toes and offset that with a bold orange flip flop. Or how about a powder puff blue sitting on a dark Old Navy flip flop? Hmmm, color matches: I could easily go with a red polish on a black flip flop. Or a dark blue polish on a light blue flip flop.

Yeah, this could get interesting. What color comes up the most, would you think, on the runway? My guess is red. Maybe black. Or do the girls wear whatever? I think there's only one color that they wouldn't just happen to wear and not think about and that is White. You just don't wear that color. It wears you. I don't think I am really into White. But, then again, I am a big fan of the French Pedicure. I think that's just the right amount of White. That white on the very tips of the toes is tres chic!

Green. I just thought it. Isn't that a color up there with White that you really don't want to wear? Well, depends. It is a refreshing alternative. You know, I saw this guy walking around with green nail polish on his toes and it looked great. It really did. Every now and then, I'll see a guy with polish, sometimes the hands--more often the feet. Often black. But sometimes blue or green. And I didn't give much thought to whether the guy was gay or straight. In fact, I think a lot of straight guys are getting into the nail polish thing. Very fashionable, don't you think? Just a theory: guys, whether gay or straight, tend towards the more masculine and/or neutral colors. It just seems that pink on a guy is overkill but, if you're really up for it, go for it!

Comments:
Dear FFG,
I stumbled across your blog and I have enjoyed reading your thoughts. You write well about a subject I certainly like! I too am an absolute sucker for french tips on toes. They go great with any color flipflop.
Oh, and don't forget your toerings!
Sincerely, bigT
 
I gotta agree with the peach polish/bold orange flip flop look, especially the blue version, looks very nice. French tips are good, not too big on them though, I remember being into it in 8th grade and the girls we're using their wite-out as an alternative to show them off around me. I've noticed it works to absolute perfection on some girls too.
 
What lovely comments from both you guys! I really appreciate that. I will be giving you my view on toe rings soon. They are awesome! More details will follow.

And, Jay, how funny about using white-out! I totally agree, a French pedicure is best left to the professionals.
 
responding to your musings about men and painted toes...i have worn a bronze color that goes w/my complexion (sort of a tanned olive). I have had mixed reactions ranging from, "that's really cool," to hostility. the link below gives you some idea what i do with my fetish. interested in your thoughts on that, if any...
t
 
Hi T!
I'm sorry that you've gotten some hostile reactions to your wearing polish. They're just jerks. Anyway, you inspired a new post.
take care!
 
FlipFlopGirl,
I absolutely love a French pedicure, done from the salon, seems to be a very bold 'natural' look with the white tips on the toenails and a nice pink base. It seems lately, the trend has gone to a colored 'French Tip' like with a hot pink tip on a nude base and other color coordinating colors. I think shades of reds, pink, purples, and blues can be quite exquisite and sexy! I find it fascinating to hear about a girl matching her toenail polish with her flip flops, that's awesome! I do like the bold sexy colors that show off your toes.
Keep up the great posting on your blog

Chris
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?