Thursday, October 12, 2006

 
A Blue Day

Took off the pink polish and decided to go with a deep blue. It looks so good on my tanned skin. As usual, it was a little chilly in the morning only to get very hot by mid-day. So, I started out the day with a blue hoodie. I like the sensation of being bundled up in a hoodie while my nearly barefeet get hit by the morning's chill. I wore blue Old Navy flip flops with a light green thong. It made for a nice look.

I am going to have to dig up my copy of The Red and The Black or just ebay it. I remember a nice little comment about pretty feet. Very sweet and innocent. I want to collect all these comments and references to feet, from the earliest I can find all the way up to unabashed toe-sucking on YouTube. God, who knew. We are so casual about all this. I do have to ask the chicken and egg question: Which came first? The flip flop or the fetish for flip flops? I think they could be inextricably linked. Actually, I imagine we used to be even more open about our sexuality, eons ago when we were closer to wild animals. I guess the flip flop's ancestor could also have just been the result of a need for some covering of the foot. That would have been the over-riding motivation. I know I'm babbling a bit here. But it makes more sense every day. If you happen upon that quote from Stendahl or anything else interesting do reply back. I welcome all responses. I may not always respond or I might respond later when I think of something.

Comments:
life just a good
 
"life just a good."
That's cool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?