Monday, October 09, 2006

 
9 October 2006

Is summer all over already? Oh, it's hard to face but, here in Seattle, we are easing into fall. We haven't said goodbye to our flip flops yet. Some people, like myself, do our best to wear them year-round. I'll wear them in the dead of winter, if I think I'm up for it. I don't know what it is and maybe all of you out there can help me make sense out of it. It's not just Seattle but everyone is really into flip flops. I think Seattle has a full-on foot fetish when you see so many barefeet. I don't really care. I've always loved flip flops. And that is going to be the recurring theme in my blog. I just know it. This flip flop thing is part of the zeitgeist and I happen to be a very hip girl.

Since I own well over two hundred pairs of flip flops and wear them everywhere and, on top of that own all manner of flip flop accessories and decorations, yeah, it's pretty much a big theme in my life. I think part of it is narcissistic, a big part of it. I do believe I have very pretty feet. And I take very good care of them. I own so many footcare products and probably own as much nail polish as I do flip flops. So, trust me, there's plenty to talk about. So much that I don't know exactly where to begin. I just know I like the idea of having a theme I come back to. That's the neat freak part of me. I want my thoughts to be organized.

But getting back to milder weather is not so bad. It still gets a little warm with a nice breeze running through my toes. The weather right now is actually perfect. Today I chose to go with my pink Havaianas with hot pink nail polish. I still have a bit of tan from going camping last weekend so that sets things off very nicely. When I go camping, I pretty much always wear my Tevas and even will put on boots or running shoes. I do have to look after my feet, don't I. Ha. Ha. Oh, you consider my entire shoe collection, it's pretty big. That's why I think I'll just focus on the flips.

Comments:
Hi Miss Pretty Feet!!
You've definetely got a fetish for flip flops & shoes. Care to let the rest of us have a look at ur collection?

I on the other hand can boast of no flipflops. Something to do with having large feet......
 
Yeah, I should show you guys all the flip flops I own. That would be funny! Thanks for such a supportive email!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?